Select to view content in your preferred language

"Could not extract coordinate info to add image" when trying to add images to OIC

02-24-2022 04:44 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi!

I am following the tutorial Creating an oriented imagery and when I am at the step to add the images list from the amazon bucket to the OIC. I am getting the error"Could not extract coordinate info to add image" for all the images on the list. 

I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.8.0, and downloaded the latest version of the plug ins. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
22 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you. It does return "None". So I think this might be the issue. 

0 Kudos
RandallRebello
Occasional Contributor II

Can you also download an image and run it thru those same lines of code.  If you get a result other than none, then the only thing I can think of is that there is a block in your organization's  network.  Another customer who was facing this issue also disabled Windows Defender Firewall and it seemed to work.  There are some inbound rules that are defined. Check for any rules pertaining to python.  

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

unfortunately, the local picture reports none as well. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any ideas on what to look at since the pictures cannot be read locally either?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

ok I managed to fix it locally, for some reason the files were downloading at jfif instead of jpg and that's why it did output "none'. I was able to get the information from the file after fixing the file format. 
I was also able to install arcgis pro on a personal laptop and I am not experiencing the issue, so I will look into the firewall problem and report ASAP. 

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

This is good news.. I find it strange that the file was being downloaded as a jfif file.. however after a quick google search I came across this youtube video. It could be related to your issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipfSI9Qny2Y

Please check with your office/network admins before you make any changes.  

This is a quick tip that shows you how to stop programs saving JPEG files as JFIF. I noticed this started happening with web browsers Firefox and Chrome. Although I believe the files are technically JFIF, the data inside it is JPEG data; most programs expect a .JPG extension. This is the address ...
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you I was able to modify the download, but it didn't fix the issue, which must still be firewall-related.

0 Kudos
PamBlackmore
New Contributor III

I am also experiencing the same error. I am using ArcGIS Pro 2.9.2 and imagery from a Mosaic 51 camera hosted in AWS S3. I checked the properties of it and also used the Exiftool; both indicate it has GPS metadata. I verified that my imagery is publicly available by opening it in an incognito tab. I can provide links to it if necessary. I even re-installed both the add-in and the tools and am still getting the same error. I attached a log of mine. Please help 🙂

BasileNICOLAS1
New Contributor II

Have you found a solution? I also have Mosaic 51 images with GPS data but I'm not able to import them to oriented imagery... Here is a sample photo

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

Hi Basile, 

Thank you for the sample. I was able to figure out what is missing and the reason you are facing this issue. 

There are two more fields required in the Exif Metadata. These are 

EXIF_GPSLatitudeRef
EXIF_GPSLongitudeRef

This is a sample of what is needed. 

EXIF_GPSLatitude=(44) (55) (24.34)
EXIF_GPSLatitudeRef=N
EXIF_GPSLongitude=(123) (1) (9.88)
EXIF_GPSLongitudeRef=W

This info is required to convert lat long values to degrees for some internal calculations. 

Hope this helps you out. 

Randall