Select to view content in your preferred language

Oriented imagery toolbox, add images to oriented imagery catalog #2

06-01-2022 09:38 AM
Labels (1)
OwensS
by
New Contributor III

ArcGIS v. 2.9.3 and updated OIC

Having massive issues loading images to OIC using the "ImageList" utilizing the Amazon S3 Cloud Storage for 360 degrtee Imagery assets.

Parameters:

2022-06-01 11_26_36-OIC_Test_1 - Map - ArcGIS Pro.jpg

Error Messages:

2022-06-01 11_28_50-.jpg

Dead in the water here - any ideas??

Thank you.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RandallRebello
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Owen, 

Its unfortunate you are facing this issue. Can you check a couple of things.. 

1. Check if all the items in the list are accessible. 

2. If all the items list are correct. ie make sure there are no items in the list that are not images. 

3. If you have the images in a folder on your computer try adding the images by specifying the folder. 

4. The image list should only contain the list of images. It should not have a header or should not be comma delimited. Each image path should be in a single line. 

5. The image list should be a text file. 

If you still face an issue with this please send me the list in a private message and I can have a look for you. 

Also sometimes there could be more info in the logs folder in the oriented imagery GP Tools folder.  

Thanks, 

Randall 

0 Kudos
Scoutpro36
New Contributor II

After reviewing your QC checks, all seems to be correct. See attached Image List.

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

HI, 

Thank you for the file. Everything looks fine. Can you also check the documentation  ( c:\Image_Mgmt_Workflows\OrientedImagery\Documentation\OrientedImageryCatalogManagement_UserGuide.pdf ) for the expected S3 bucket settings.  See the chapter : Appendix C: AWS Bucket settings for Oriented Imagery. 

This will basically ensure that the GPTool has access to the bucket. Its possible that the GPTool did not have access to the files and failed. Since it runs in multi processing mode it failed and crashed one of the processes. 

BTW are you and OwenS the same person?  Just checking.. 🙂 

Randall 

0 Kudos
OwensS
by
New Contributor III

Will do. Why does ESRI only allow Amazon S3, Azure & Google Cloud the means for stroage & usage? Yes, I am OwensS - I have many accounts...

Thanks

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

Its not that Esri only allows these cloud storage formats... We recommend using these 'cloud storage' formats. They are commercial industry standard storage solutions that offer cost effective options for large datasets.  Do you have any other cloud storage solutions that you would like to use? 

BTW.. Any luck with regards to the issue you brought up earlier? 

0 Kudos
OwensS
by
New Contributor III

Cloud Storages such as SiteGround (Web Server Hosting) would be a great way to manually manage. And lo luck with my main issue above.

0 Kudos
JeffPace1
New Contributor III

We are in the same boat.  We have our imagery loaded on local cloud.  As a gov agency we chose this over a public cloud solution to have fixed cost.  
We can load from image list.  It works in enterprise builder, but not in pro as the image will not render.

Source location should not be constrained at all in my opinion.

0 Kudos
RandallRebello

Hi Jeff, 

You mention you are using local cloud to show images. Oriented Imagery needs access to the show the image.  In our documentation we mention setting up the CORS policy for Amazon AWS buckets.  A similar setting should be available for the local cloud / web hosting platform that you are using. Please contact the network administrator about setting CORS policy for the storage location.  That should resolve your problem. 

You can also see the error the error message you are getting by hitting Alt+F12 on the viewer dialog in ArcGIS Pro to bring up the web console window.  This should show you if it is indeed a CORS policy error. 

Randall

0 Kudos
TylerBoychuk
New Contributor II

I'm getting this issue as well. With both my data and Azure account, and with trying the tutorial in the Imagery Workflow files. Just wondering if anyone figured this out or I'm missing something. Looked into CORS but there's more documentation for AWS than Azure available that I can find. Matched up the setting on the Azure side as much as I could find. 

0 Kudos