Select to view content in your preferred language

Issue with WMTS source

10-18-2022 06:16 PM
Labels (1)
JohnSalzbrunn
New Contributor

I am building a web application in Leaflet and am having trouble loading up a WMTS source. With the Leaflet/ESRI plugin, I am able to load the source via ' L.esri .dynamicMapLayer' but not with 'L.esri .tiledMapLayer'. 

The problem with  L.esri .dynamicMapLayer is that there is an issue when a user rotates the map (using Leaflet Rotate plugin). Tiles do no render correctly. I do understand that Leaflet/ESRI does not support map rotation but it seems like to me that 'L.esri .tiledMapLayer' works fine with map rotation from the quick testing that I have done. 

Below is the MapServer URL and how I am trying to embed the source into Leaflet.

var ottertailcountyImagery = L.esri.tiledMapLayer({
maxZoom: 28,
url: "https://web2.co.ottertail.mn.us/arcgis/rest/services/Photography/2021_Photo/MapServer"
});

Before using the Leaflet/ESRI plugin, I tried converting the WMTS source to an XYZ Tile Layer but was unsuccessful. There seemed to have been an issue with the server when retrieving the tiles from an XYZ Tile Layer format. 

Any ideas on how to get the imagery source to load up in Leaflet other than using 'L.esri .dynamicMapLayer'? I am not glued to using the ESRI/Leaflet plugin but am more so looking for a way to get this imagery source running while still maintaining map rotation. 

0 Kudos
0 Replies