Hello

Jump to solution
01-05-2016 01:46 PM
AnnSolano
New Contributor II

My name is Ann Solano.

I was allowed on a computer that has ArcGIS. So I sign in and attempt to begin the virtual training campus. I begin with Learning ArcGIS Desktop(for ArcGIS 10.0). My problem is when I hit Step 3 on Download the data file. I click Download file for Step 1. On my Step 2 there isn’t any Save option there is only Open which in opens up a popup box that is titled Open File- Security Warning. Then inside the box it says Publisher couldnot be verified Are you sure you want to run this software? The instructions in 3. Download the data file 2. Says not to open file or run, The Save Dialog doesn’t display. I am a bit frustrated because there is nothing in the files save on Desktop or Downloads. I am also not getting any closer to my first intention on GIS training.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
deleted-user-08X689byEKuE
New Contributor II

What web browser are you using when you download the file? Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, other?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
New Contributor II

What web browser are you using when you download the file? Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, other?

AnnSolano
New Contributor II

Chrome

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

In Chrome, there should be three horizontal lines in the top right of the window (in the menu bar). Click that, then you should see an option that says "Downloads".. Click that. It will open a window showing your downloads; in the top right of that window (below the menu bar) you should see "Open downloads folder". Click that and a Windows Explorer window will open to where your file was downloaded. That is where it is saved.

I hope this helps,

Keely

AnnSolano
New Contributor II

I was using Chrome but didn't have access

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Thanks for the update. That's definitely a roadblock I hope it all goes much smoother after you get access to the files.

0 Kudos
AnnSolano
New Contributor II

Thank you for the fast responses. Much appreciated!

0 Kudos
JoaquinRoibal
Occasional Contributor

Welcome to the GIS forums!

0 Kudos