Zoom null reference

Jump to solution
08-27-2024 08:33 AM
Labels (2)
SP2501
by
Emerging Contributor

I have seen this post
https://community.esri.com/t5/net-maps-sdk-questions/zoom-null-reference-exception/m-p/1393235/highl...

For a few months I was not running into this issue on my main dev machine. Now after building in release once it started to happen regardless of if im in debug or release.

I have disabled the exception breaking for this error, but I can distinctly tell that a slow down is occurring when loading the map and sometimes when scrolling vs before this was happening.

Is there any more information on this? Perhaps a way of preventing it?

using Visual Studio 2022, and the WPF ESRI SDK is all 200.5.0

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

There's unfortunately not much we can do about .NET's own first chance internal exceptions occurring when we cancel requests. The main problem is that the Visual Studio debugger cause significant slow down monitoring these, and Microsoft has not been willing to address it.
We tried also not cancelling requests while the debugger is attached, but that causes separate performance issues because we might be loading way more tiles than you ever need.

Rest assured this is not an issue when running without the debugger attached, and you'll see much better performance when not debugging, and your users won't be affected.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

There's unfortunately not much we can do about .NET's own first chance internal exceptions occurring when we cancel requests. The main problem is that the Visual Studio debugger cause significant slow down monitoring these, and Microsoft has not been willing to address it.
We tried also not cancelling requests while the debugger is attached, but that causes separate performance issues because we might be loading way more tiles than you ever need.

Rest assured this is not an issue when running without the debugger attached, and you'll see much better performance when not debugging, and your users won't be affected.

0 Kudos
SP2501
by
Emerging Contributor

Thank you for the response!

0 Kudos