Select to view content in your preferred language

Windows Store support in 100.13

Jump to solution
03-30-2022 12:43 PM
brayden-marshall
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm seeing an issue with Windows Store deployment that seems related to the ArcGIS Runtime SDK.

We've recently upgraded our app to the SDK version 100.13, and are preparing for a release of our own. Just after upgrading to 100.13, I'm seeing that our app is now failing to pass the test in the WACK (Windows App Certification Kit), meaning that we won't be able to submit to the Windows Store.

The failed requirement from the WACK report is showing the following error:

<REQUIREMENT NUMBER="15" TITLE="Supported API test" RATIONALE="The application should only refer to the APIs allowed by the Windows SDK for Windows Store Apps.">
   <TEST INDEX="38" NAME="Supported APIs" DESCRIPTION="Windows Store App must only use supported platform APIs." EXECUTIONTIME="03h:18m:12s.70ms" OPTIONAL="FALSE">
     <MESSAGES>
       <MESSAGE TEXT="API ?id@?$codecvt@_UDU_Mbstatet@@@std@@2V0locale@2@A in msvcp140_codecvt_ids_app.dll is not supported for this application type. runtimecore.dll calls this API." />
     </MESSAGES>
     <RESULT><![CDATA[FAIL]]></RESULT>
   </TEST>
</REQUIREMENT>

The relevant portion is on line 4, saying "... runtimecore.dll calls this API", which makes me think it's related to the SDK upgrade. I don't know much about the rest of that error message, other than that it seems to be referencing this codecvt library, saying that it is not supported for Windows Store.

Can anyone provide more insight into this issue?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

We've worked some more with the Microsoft Store people, and they assure us the issue has been fixed (again).

However since this has actually gone back and forth a few times getting blocked and unblocked, v100.15 completely avoids the two API calls that were flagged. So you should be able to resubmit again, but if all else fails, 100.15 should also be an option (if you're in a position to upgrade)