Select to view content in your preferred language

Upgrading from ArcObjects - CreateRasterDataset

05-22-2024 09:03 AM
Labels (2)
DharmeshPatel1
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade a C# project that has been using ArcObjects 10.7.0.0 to now use ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET . We use the CreateRasterDataset method from https://developers.arcgis.com/enterprise-sdk/api-reference/net/IRasterWorkspace2/

Please could anyone assist me in how I would get the same method in the latest ArcGIS Maps SDK .NET or what methods there are to do this CreateRasterDataset.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Can you share any more information about how you use the CreateRasterDataset function?

e.g. 

• Are these single band or multi-band raster datasets?
  • Do you create single, standalone raster datasets or do you mosaic multiple raster datasets into a single image?
  • Do you need to update/replace images or update pixels/cells within rasters? 
  • What type/format are you creating e.g. JPEG, TIFF, or geodatabase raster dataset?
  • Do you need to specify compression when creating JPEG file or geodatabase rasters?
  • Do you need to build pyramids? (improves the display performance of raster datasets)
  • Do you need to calculate statistics? (allows applications to properly stretch and symbolize raster data for display)

Thanks

Mike

0 Kudos