Select to view content in your preferred language

Trouble getting started - Navigate Route

10-20-2022 09:24 AM
FinleyWalden1
New Contributor II

I am attempting to use the ArcGIS SDK for .NET to create a navigation app. I am having trouble getting started using the tutorial. I understand that there are example files on GitHub and example code at this link: https://developers.arcgis.com/net/route-and-directions/navigate-a-route/

However, I don't know what other files to include, or what to put in them. What basic files should I include to navigate a route from origin to destination in the WPF format?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ParhatM
New Contributor II

what' your dev environment?

0 Kudos
FinleyWalden1
New Contributor II

Visual Studio on Windows 10 

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

I recommend following this WPF-based tutorial: Find a route and directions

It actually starts with the Display a map tutorial which is based on our Visual Studio project templates, and it builds up from there.

There isn't really very much to it, although the project templates do demonstrate a simple MVVM pattern to help guide you into using best practices as you build more and larger apps - more info on the VS extension and templates here: Install and set up | ArcGIS Runtime API for .NET | ArcGIS Developers

FinleyWalden1
New Contributor II

Thank you for taking the time to look this over.

I have this tutorial working relatively well, but implementing the actual navigation is where I'm having problems, as opposed to just finding the route. 

0 Kudos
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor

The Navigate route with rerouting | ArcGIS Runtime API for .NET | ArcGIS Developers sample should point you in the right direction.

0 Kudos