Select to view content in your preferred language

.NET MAUI map can stop loading when navigating away from page

05-28-2024 03:09 PM
Labels (2)
AndeBell
New Contributor

I am working on a MAUI app that has a page with a MapView/Map on it loading a basemap/vector tile packages. We were seeing an odd behavior where after a certain number of navigations to and away from the map page, the map would no longer load and removing/re-instantiating the Map and MapView does not fix this.

I have been able to re-create what I think is this issue with a test repo. There is a limit to the file size allowed in github, so to get it to work you may have to copy some more .vtpk files to the Tiles folder in the project. I had 4 more files that were ~115mb each.

https://github.com/AndersenBell/arcgis-maui-bug 

To duplicate: click the "click me" button a few times in a row and then before the map fully renders, click on the "Home 2" button. Then click back on "Home 1" and the map will not be rendered, and clicking "click me" will not fix it

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PreetiMaske
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for reporting the issue and providing a clean reproducer. We will look into this further shortly and report back once I have more info.

0 Kudos
PreetiMaske
Esri Regular Contributor

@AndeBell , we have fixed the bug and it will be publicly available in upcoming 200.5 release scheduled sometime in mid August. Once again, thank you for reporting the issue.

0 Kudos