Select to view content in your preferred language

Magnifier not working with GeometryEditor

3 weeks ago
Labels (3)
AlexanderZidek
New Contributor

Hello!

We have recently upgraded our app from Xamarin to Maui. We also discontinued the SketchEditor in favor of the new GeometryEditor.

While doing so we have noticed, that the Magnifier on our MapView no longer works in combination with the GeometryEditor. In Xamarin with the SketchEditor this worked (although sometimes a bit strange).
Now, when I let go of the map after a long press resulting in a magnifier, I do not create a vertex.

I have not found any Event, where I could intercept the magnifier. I have tried "GeoViewHolding", but that gets triggered on hold and not on release.

Is there a way to restore this feature or was this discontinued and now has to be done manually? If the latter, any idea how?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

This is a new behavior with the magnifier and the GeometryEditor. To add a vertex, you tap to do a rough placement, then you can tap and hold to drag it around with the magnifier to adjust its position. So put another way: It still works with the new geometry editor, but only while moving existing vertices. Due to a lot of new functionality in the geometry editor that original behavior would have gotten in the way.

0 Kudos