Live traffic route

06-12-2023 05:48 AM
Labels (3)
abhishek_595
New Contributor III

Is there an API available for .Net Sdk, preferably not requiring an ArcGIS Enterprise subscription, that allows me to implement live traffic routing for POC? I would like to display multiple possible routes between a given source and destination. Additionally, I'm interested in knowing if there is an ArcGIS service available for real-time weather information within Esri.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
williambohrmann3
Esri Contributor

Hi @abhishek_595 thanks for your post. The DisplayRouteLayer sample demonstrates how a FeatureCollection can be used to create a FeatureCollectionLayer to display a route. Your different routes could be individual operational layers. The ArcGISStreamService allows for the streaming and filtering of real-time data. These need to be DynamicEntityObservations, and points are the only geometries supported currently. Esri has news feeds for weather data which might be applicable for your project. This is authoritative data from the Living Atlas of the World. Hope these resources help!

-William

abhishek_595
New Contributor III

Hi,  @williambohrmann3 , Thanks for your response.

I have some other queries related to your above response.

1. For our POC, we need to show the live traffic data. we tried using the below link :

Traffic service—ArcGIS REST APIs | ArcGIS Developers

but we were unable to proceed as it requires enterprise subscription. We don't have any source (sensor) for live traffic feed , so expecting the live data from Esri service also without using Enterprise subscription.

2. To display different routes, we were able to plot the route on the map using Feature Service , Collection and Route Service Api.

But the Route Service api  generates a single route for the given stops wherein we are expecting all possible different routes .

0 Kudos
abhishek_595
New Contributor III

Hi, Can someone please assist me how can we use Esri live traffic navigation service in .net MAUI application without Enterprise Subscription for a POC.

0 Kudos
williambohrmann3
Esri Contributor

@abhishek_595 I spoke with our routing experts - you can get the fastest route and the least distance route. Getting all possible routes would virtually return a limitless amount of routes, so we do not support this currently.

0 Kudos
abhishek_595
New Contributor III

@williambohrmann3 , Thanks for sharing this update!!

0 Kudos