Issue with Finger Panning in Windows WPF

12-29-2023 02:01 PM
Labels (3)
deeprey
New Contributor II

Hello Esri Community,

I'm currently developing a WPF application using the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET and have encountered an issue with the map's touch interactions. While the map supports zooming in and out using a two-finger pinch gesture, I'm unable to pan the map using a single finger drag gesture.

Here's a brief overview of the issue:

• SDK Version: 200.3.0
  • Platform: WPF application
  • Device/OS: touch screen Panel PC [Windows 10 pro]

I've tested this behaviour in both my application and the ARGIS MAPS SDK Samples app. The zooming functionality works perfectly, but panning does not seem to be responsive to touch.

I would appreciate any insights or suggestions on the following:

1. Are there specific settings or configurations within the ArcGIS Runtime SDK that I might be missing to enable one-finger panning?
  2. Has anyone else experienced similar issues with touch gestures in WPF applications using the ArcGIS Runtime SDK?
  3. Are there known limitations or device-specific considerations that I should be aware of?

Any advice or guidance from the community would be immensely helpful. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

12 Replies
ZachRuiz
New Contributor III

does this effect the touchscreen sensitivity at all on the map? its hard to describe over text but it now feels a bit jittery when I pinch to zoom or pan.

0 Kudos
StefanKallin
New Contributor II

200.2 does not have this issue. We have downgraded our code to make finger interactions work for our upcoming release. We will take a look at 200.4 once it is released.

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

This issue has been resolved in the v200.4 release that was just released.