Select to view content in your preferred language

How to close a ShapefileFeatureTable instance?

02-16-2018 09:20 AM
HenryHan
New Contributor

Hello there.

I am using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET(WPF) to develop a software which can open and read the shapefile.

So, the first step is using "ShapefileFeatureTable.OpenAsync" function to open it.

But I can not find any "Close() or Dispose()" method to close it after using the shapefile. Which makes other software cannot open it anymore unless I close my program.

Here is the web document I use for reference:

ShapefileFeatureTable Class 

Is there anyone who met the same problem?

How to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JenniferNery
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks for your feedback. From within runtime, you can use the same file path to create multiple instances of ShapefileFeatureTable without lock issue. I have also tried multiple instances of this app and the tables are created and loaded without a problem.

However, I have not tried another software that fails to open the shape file because it's in use. Is the other software attempting to edit simultaneously with your runtime app? I can put in an enhancement to include Close method but we'd also appreciate more information.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
HenryHan
New Contributor

Hi Jennifer

Thanks for the reply!

Yes. What I did is using another software (GlobalMapper) to open the shape file.

I am developing a program to check the shapefile.

After opening my program, loading the shapefile, and finishing all of the necessary works, I hope I can "Close" the file instance without close my program.

Then I can open the shapefile in other software. Like: Global Mapper

And this will cause the file opening problem.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos