Select to view content in your preferred language

Deployment Issue with Esri.ArcGISRuntime 200.2.0 in WPF Project

Jump to solution
12-19-2023 03:51 AM
nevcivanokumuş
New Contributor II

I am working on a WPF project where I use the NuGet package Esri.ArcGISRuntime version 200.2.0. In my project, I use MapView to display a map offline. It works seamlessly on my computer in both debug and release modes within Visual Studio. When I publish it as a portable application and run the .exe, everything works fine on my machine. However, when I deploy it to another computer or a virtual machine, it encounters an error.

I initially checked all the DLLs, and all the required DLLs, as specified on the ArcGIS deployment page, are present. I identified the error using exception logs and concluded the following: If I attempt to create any ArcGIS component within the MapViewModel, the program shuts down. ex.

Esri.ArcGISRuntime.UI.Controls.MapView mapView = new MapView();
SimpleFillSymbol symbol = new SimpleFillSymbol(); // no matter which component I create

This issue doesn't occur on my computer, but it arises on other machines.

What should I do to resolve this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PreetiMaske
Esri Regular Contributor
1 Reply
PreetiMaske
Esri Regular Contributor

I suspect you might be missing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable on other machines. See system requirements for app deployment. 

https://developers.arcgis.com/net/reference/system-requirements/#prerequisites-1