Debug Maui app on android .Net 8

01-30-2024 06:23 AM
Labels (2)
TomášZachoval
New Contributor III

Hello, I want to report bug and find workeround. 

When I start app on android in debug, then app disconected forom debuger or crash, immediately after I add layer to BaseLayers. Sometimes it survives adding and crash after map movment.  Is there any solution?
Example in attachment.

Ps.

If you start app withou debuging it works fine. The problem is happening to me on two different apps on different computers with Visual studio. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Does this issue only occur on Android? If you run on Windows or iOS do you see any errors otherwise? What Android device are you using, and have you tried different devices?

0 Kudos
TomášZachoval
New Contributor III

Hi,
Yes issue apearing ony on android, I have multiple devices. Samsung S22 Android 14, Emulator API 33, Emulator API 34, Android Stonex with RTK antena android - 10. In all of this devices I have the same problem.
Unfortunately I have no logs there and there is no exception. It just crash after adding map layers to the map. I think it is after OnPropertyChangeEvent but I'm just guessing, and it is happening only on debug.

I have last VS 17.8.6 and also VS-pre - 17.9.0.  
Esri - Maui 200.3.0

Net.8 

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

I tried your sample and had no problem running and debugging it on an Android device, and I see the open street map. I'm still on 17.8.3, but it sounds like something in your debugging experience is broken.

0 Kudos
TomášZachoval
New Contributor III

Thank you for trying and looking for a solution.  I also tryed it on another computer with VS 17.8.4,  also on JB - Rider, main problem is that this crash is mostly happend on second run. Than if you move with map it crash.
I don't want to bother with it. I'll try to figure it out myself. But the issu is there and it won't be just me. Maybe someone else will have a problem with it in the future. So we'll see. Thank you for your time. If I manage to find out anything else, I'll let you know. 

0 Kudos
HamishDuff
Esri Contributor

I've managed to reproduce this using your reproducer in VS 17.8.5 on a Pixel 6 (Android 14) and an emulated Pixel 5 (Android 11).

I'm going to try to reproduce it in a separate solution then investigate further. 

TomášZachoval
New Contributor III

Nice, thank you!

I'm curious to see what you come up with. 

0 Kudos
HamishDuff
Esri Contributor

I was able to reproduce in another solution. 

Thank you for letting us know, we'll continue looking into this.

dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

What .NET Version and Maui SDK do you have? (enter "dotnet --version" and "dotnet workload list" in commandline).

I still got 8.0.100 (Android workload 34.0.43/8.0.100), but there's an 8.0.101 now. I'd be curious if Microsoft maybe broke something in that version.

0 Kudos
TomášZachoval
New Contributor III

As i promised you. There are a versions which also cause the issue.

dotnet --version

dotnet workload list
ios                         17.0.8478/8.0.100      VS 17.8.34408.163
android                     34.0.43/8.0.100        VS 17.8.34408.163
maui-windows                8.0.3/8.0.100          VS 17.8.34408.163
maccatalyst                 17.0.8478/8.0.100      VS 17.8.34408.163

0 Kudos