Can you update ArcGISRuntime.Toolkit and LocalServices to v.200 ASAP ?

01-03-2023 07:47 AM
noodle
by
New Contributor III

ArcGISRUntime for .NET has been updated to 200.0.0.   I'm using the Toolkit for loading a base map.   Unfortunately under 200 for ArcGISRUntime.WPF, BasemapGallery goes into an hour glass forever.  

For LocalServices (100.15) running gpkx under ArcGISRUntime 200, it generates many exceptions like

Exception thrown: 'System.Net.WebException' in System.dll

Exception thrown: 'System.ObjectDisposedException' in System.dll

Exception thrown: 'System.InvalidOperationException' in System.dll

Exception thrown: 'System.InvalidOperationException' in System.dll

0 Kudos
6 Replies
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

The toolkit is already at v200. With respect to LocalServices, this will get released with the v200 of Local Server, but you should be able to use the v100.15 (it just needs to match the version of your local server).

Do you have any details on these exceptions? (if it's not hitting a breakpoint, check these types off in the Exceptions settings window in Visual Studio to force a break on the exception).

0 Kudos
noodle
by
New Contributor III

I just downloaded and build under .NET Framework 4.7.2.   BasemapGallery used to work but now it goes into hourglass of no return.   It used to work.    Can you provide me the sample code?   The link https://esri.github.io/arcgis-toolkit-dotnet/basemap-gallery.html cannot be found.    Thank you.

0 Kudos
dotMorten_esri
Esri Notable Contributor

Here's the URL: https://esri.github.io//arcgis-maps-sdk-dotnet-toolkit/basemap-gallery.html

Do you have a small sample that demonstrates the problem you're seeing?
Were you able to enable breakpoints in the error list window to force breaking on caught exceptions? 

dotMorten_esri_0-1673372687076.png

0 Kudos
noodle
by
New Contributor III

Is there a reason why SceneView is tied to BasemapGallery?  My code is using MapView for BasemapGallery.  Is it possible to use MapView?  Is there any way for MapView to use BasemapGallery? 

0 Kudos
noodle
by
New Contributor III

I found the cause.

Previously GeoModel did not have to be set.  It turned out that under v.200, it is required and you can use ElementName=MyMapView, Path=Map works.  When I make BasemapGallery starts as Visibility="Collapsed" and modify it to Visibility=Visible" later by ICommand, it does hourglass and does not come back.  Is there a way to diagnose why it does not come back?

0 Kudos
noodle
by
New Contributor III

Here is what happens.  Do you need more?   I was running the Simple Contour gpkx in WPF application build for NetFramework 4.8.

I enabled LocalServer debug option also.

When Exception (The request was aborted: The request was cancelled) is triggered, it is looking for _ConnectionStream.cs file.

noodle_0-1674057389088.png

The call stack:

> System.dll!System.Net.ConnectStream.BeginRead(byte[] buffer, int offset, int size, System.AsyncCallback callback, object state) Line 1667 C#
System.dll!System.IO.Compression.DeflateStream.BeginRead(byte[] array, int offset, int count, System.AsyncCallback asyncCallback, object asyncState) Line 415 C#
System.dll!System.Net.GZipWrapperStream.BeginRead(byte[] buffer, int offset, int size, System.AsyncCallback callback, object state) Line 753 C#
System.dll!System.Net.Cache.ForwardingReadStream.BeginRead(byte[] buffer, int offset, int count, System.AsyncCallback callback, object state) Line 685 C#
System.Net.Http.dll!System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.WebExceptionWrapperStream.BeginRead(byte[] buffer, int offset, int count, System.AsyncCallback callback, object state) Line 1313 C#
System.Net.Http.dll!System.Net.Http.StreamToStreamCopy.StartRead() Line 98 C#
System.Net.Http.dll!System.Net.Http.StreamToStreamCopy.BufferReadCallback(System.IAsyncResult ar) Line 167 C#
System.dll!System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.Complete(System.IntPtr userToken) Line 415 C#
System.dll!System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(object result, System.IntPtr userToken) Line 368 C#
System.dll!System.Net.Cache.ForwardingReadStream.ReadComplete(System.IAsyncResult transportResult) Line 629 C#
mscorlib.dll!System.IO.FileStreamAsyncResult.AsyncFSCallback(uint errorCode, uint numBytes, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped* pOverlapped) Line 366 C#
mscorlib.dll!System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(uint errorCode, uint numBytes, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP) Line 135 C#

0 Kudos