AR Toolkit Samples MAUI not working

Jump to solution
01-18-2023 04:21 AM
FrantišekMužík
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to test AR Toolkit Samples for MAUI from GitHub (https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-maps-sdk-dotnet-toolkit/tree/main/src), but after opening the solution "Esri.ArcGISRuntime.ARToolkit.sln" and running "ARToolkit.Samples.Maui" on my Android device (API 29), I keep getting this error message: 

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error AMM0000
Attribute application@appComponentFactory value=(androidx.core.app.CoreComponentFactory) from AndroidManifest.xml:24:18-86
is also present at AndroidManifest.xml:22:18-91 value=(android.support.v4.app.CoreComponentFactory).
Suggestion: add 'tools:replace="android:appComponentFactory"' to <application> element at AndroidManifest.xml:15:3-37:17 to override.
ARToolkit.Samples.Maui D:\dotNET_Arcgis\arcgis-maps-sdk-dotnet-toolkit-main\src\ARSamples\ARToolkit.Samples.Maui\obj\Debug\net6.0-android\AndroidManifest.xml 24

The "Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Toolkit.sln" is working fine, so the problem probably has to do something with the AR itself. I am using the ArcGIS Maps SKD for .NET v200.0 and also the newest version of the Toolkit. 

Thanks in advance for any help, I asume that it is just a beginner problem 🙂 

FM

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PreetiMaske
Esri Contributor

The AR Toolkit for ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET is currently not available for version 200.0 due to the absence of support for ARCore with .NET for Android.  Microsoft needs to adds the support for ARCore in Android. Here is the Microsoft issue, if you want to refer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PreetiMaske
Esri Contributor

The AR Toolkit for ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET is currently not available for version 200.0 due to the absence of support for ARCore with .NET for Android.  Microsoft needs to adds the support for ARCore in Android. Here is the Microsoft issue, if you want to refer.

FrantišekMužík
New Contributor III

Thank you for your answer! Could we expect the ARCore support to be released in version 200.1? 

Is there currently any other to way to use AR using Arcgis Maps SDK with the newest version 200.0? The only solution is ArcGIS Maps SDK for Qt, right? May I ask if the AR support is planned to be realesed in the  upcomming months (for any Arcgis Maps SDK .NET/Kotlin/Game Engines)? 

0 Kudos
MichaelDavis3
Occasional Contributor III

At the recent MAUI community standup (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_BPHi_NkqI) it didn't seem like there was much, if any, momentum on implementing ARCore support in MAUI.  Given the recent reported staffing changes across Microsoft's AR-related product lines I wouldn't be surprised if it was never implemented. Might be up to the community to implement if possible. 

Join Maddy Montaquila and David Ortinau for a recap of all the .NET MAUI 2022 greatness and how to get started with .NET MAUI to reach all of your 2023 goals! Community Links: https://www.theurlist.com/maui-standup-jan23 Featuring: Maddy Montaquila (@maddymontaquila), David Ortinau (@davidortinau)
0 Kudos
FrantišekMužík
New Contributor III

Thanks for you answer. That really sucks! At least we got any information...I guess it is better that they more or less denied it rather than giving us a fake chance. 

0 Kudos