Should the Authorized Caller grant work?

Jump to solution
10-07-2020 03:41 PM
BillBott
Occasional Contributor

In our org the front line managers create new accounts for new employees and submit grant permissions requests for them on myesri. It's great and work pretty well. One thing that I think used to work but no longer does for us is the "Authorized Caller" grant. The managers don't add this grant, I don't think they try - so I always go in there and manually add that permission to the grant list and hit "submit"

But it never sticks.

I know the workaround is to go to the authorized caller area and add them there, but it sure would be nifty if that little permission would work or quit teasing me and go away , preferably the former.    

Can make a video/screenshare if this isn't making sense. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TeresaDolan
Esri Contributor

Bill sent me the video of the issue, and it is clearly a bug in My Esri.

For admins who may have also encountered this, too, the bug is that if you fill out the "Take authorized caller actions" section on the form you see from My Organizations > Users > Manage Requests when you grant a user permissions, the authorized callers settings don't "take". You have to add them again using another method (My Organizations > Users > Manage Authorized Callers > Add Caller, or My Organizations > Users > Edit Permissions) as a workaround.

I will put a bug in our system for our developers to fix.

Once we deploy the fix, we'll let you know in the Release Notes the My Esri Product Owner Josh Beaton posts here on GeoNet. (If I remember, I'll post a reply here as well.)

Thanks again, Bill, for reporting this.

Teresa Dolan
Business Analyst | My Esri

View solution in original post

TeresaDolan
Esri Contributor

@BillBott 

Hi Bill,

I wanted to let you know that this is fixed! We just deployed the fix for this issue you reported. Let me know if you encounter an issues with it.

Thanks for letting us know about it.

Teresa

Teresa Dolan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
TeresaDolan
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the screenshot, Bill. That is from My Organizations > Users > Edit Permissions, correct?

The caller settings from there should definitely "stick".

I don't think we need a movie at this point (mostly because I don't want you to have to post private information), but could you try again, but this time with the developer tools of your browser open? View its Network tab, and keep an eye out for any text that comes up in red. A screenshot of that with any errors would be helpful.

Teresa Dolan
0 Kudos
BillBott
Occasional Contributor

Interesting. In the post event, it returns what is supposed to be an alphabetized list of all callers - except for "kyle" who I just added. Perhaps also related are the two null records right about where Kyle would fall. 

Does that help? I'm all out of grants now unless I start making fake users. Also recorded a B grade video of said strangeness. Let me know what else I can do to help.

0 Kudos
TeresaDolan
Esri Contributor

I didn't see a link to your movie anywhere, but the "null" users you point to in the image above are legitimate. You've invited several folks to your organization, and since they haven't accepted their tokens yet, My Esri has no usernames for them yet. So they are correctly shown as "null" in your screenshot.

I'm looking for something like this:

Teresa Dolan
0 Kudos
TeresaDolan
Esri Contributor

Bill sent me the video of the issue, and it is clearly a bug in My Esri.

For admins who may have also encountered this, too, the bug is that if you fill out the "Take authorized caller actions" section on the form you see from My Organizations > Users > Manage Requests when you grant a user permissions, the authorized callers settings don't "take". You have to add them again using another method (My Organizations > Users > Manage Authorized Callers > Add Caller, or My Organizations > Users > Edit Permissions) as a workaround.

I will put a bug in our system for our developers to fix.

Once we deploy the fix, we'll let you know in the Release Notes the My Esri Product Owner Josh Beaton posts here on GeoNet. (If I remember, I'll post a reply here as well.)

Thanks again, Bill, for reporting this.

Teresa Dolan
BillBott
Occasional Contributor

Thanks again Teresa, it took a few users coming to me after the fact asking for access to figure out it wasn't working. Glad we got to the bottom of it, and I look forward to the fix!

0 Kudos
BillBott
Occasional Contributor

Checking if there is any ETA on this? Hit it a lot recently and anxious for fix 😃

0 Kudos
TeresaDolan
Esri Contributor

Sorry, no ETA yet. Continue to use the workarounds (using Add Caller or Edit Permissions) at this time.

Teresa Dolan
0 Kudos
TeresaDolan
Esri Contributor

@BillBott 

Hi Bill,

I wanted to let you know that this is fixed! We just deployed the fix for this issue you reported. Let me know if you encounter an issues with it.

Thanks for letting us know about it.

Teresa

Teresa Dolan
0 Kudos
BillBott
Occasional Contributor

Just seeing this now! Thank you, I will give it a go. 

0 Kudos