Why am I getting a 000824 when running model builder?

09-30-2015 05:40 PM
RyanHowell1
New Contributor III

I am using ArcGIS 10.2, using a model to use the extract by mask tool multiple times. When I run the model, it runs through all of my tools and has the 000824 error for each one (tool is not licensed). The box is checked under extensions for Spatial Analyst.​ How do I clear this error and run my model?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

to confirm Using Extensions in ArcGIS—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

this is where you are checking the license on and you are funning on a standalone machine with a standalone license ...or is it one of the other configurations that has some cavaets associated with them?

also 10.3 has a huge list of bug fixes ... maybe it is a bug and has been fixed

http://downloads.esri.com/support/downloads/other_/1031-IssuesAddressedList.pdf

0 Kudos
RyanHowell1
New Contributor III

Yes, it is under the licenses under extensions where I checked the box. I

am using it on a college campus, so I think it is a stand alone machine

with a stand alone license, but I would have to ask someone to be sure.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you run the open the Extract by Mask tool from ArcToolBox?

Think Location
0 Kudos
RyanHowell1
New Contributor III

Running extract by mask works fine outside the model

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

(EDITED - just checked this and it doesn't work the way I remembered.)

When your model is seen as a tool it should check for the Spatial Analyst extension and you'll see a "lock" on the tools if the license isn't available.

Lockbox.jpg

Your model won't run from ArcMap if you try without extension not turned on; you'll get this popup:

NotLicensed.jpg

I'm guessing you may be running the tool from ArcCatalog and haven't checked the box there?

If you are running the model from a Python script you would need to check out the extension in your Python script first with arcpy.CheckOutExtension(). Interestingly with 10.2.2 I'm getting a different error number.