Select to view content in your preferred language

Tools error in model builder

Jump to solution
11-07-2017 07:00 AM
Briande_Vogel1
New Contributor III

When I try to edit my model all the tools are turned white with only two of the four borders drawn. 

I also can't select the tools anymore, see picture below. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Error Tool box in model builder

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Briande_Vogel1
New Contributor III

Thanks for looking in

It only happens in this model, I tried the save/reboot/reopen of the model and also saved it under a different name. None of it helped though.

I solved it by ctrl-a the whole model and pasted it into a new blank model and everything works fine again.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

details like arcmap version etc would help rule out issues already seen

0 Kudos
Briande_Vogel1
New Contributor III

Ah sorry! I am using Arcmap 10.4.1.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I can't find any specific bugs, but I would be concerned it occurred in all models and/or the view persisted after a save, a reboot and a reopen of the model

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Did you have this model working in an earlier version of ArcMap?  If so, do you have the ability to still run the model there?

0 Kudos
Briande_Vogel1
New Contributor III

Thanks for looking in

It only happens in this model, I tried the save/reboot/reopen of the model and also saved it under a different name. None of it helped though.

I solved it by ctrl-a the whole model and pasted it into a new blank model and everything works fine again.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

one of the great modelbuilder mysteries... I will add it to my list of recommendations