Select to view content in your preferred language

Scheduling model is producing a different result than running manually (Select by location step)

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
Labels (3)
RobinG1
New Contributor

I am trying to build a model that runs on a schedule for updating a hosted feature service buffer layer in ArcGIS Online.

The model essentially deletes rows (precondition) within the hosted feature service then selects parcels from a point layer (select layer by location)  and runs a buffer on the intersecting parcels. Then it appends back to the hosted feature service with the updated buffers. 

When I run the model in modelbuilder it works fine; but when I schedule it to run, it looks like there is some kind of issue with the select layer by location step b/c the end result buffers all parcels instead of just the parcels that intersect the points layer. Any ideas?

Is there a reason why the schedule would produce a different result than running the model in modelbuilder? I'd like this model to run daily, so having to manually run it is less than ideal.

RobinGilson1_0-1716505468478.png

Scheduled Model result

RobinGilson1_1-1716505799206.png

Result from running the model manually in modelbuilder

RobinGilson1_2-1716505927348.png

Any help is appreciated!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobinG1
New Contributor

Ok, I have this working now. It looks like the enterprise parcels layer was what the select by location was having difficulties with (with respect to the scheduler). I added an additional step that exported the parcels to a new feature class and removed the attributes from it and the model appears to be working now on a schedule!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobinG1
New Contributor

Ok, I have this working now. It looks like the enterprise parcels layer was what the select by location was having difficulties with (with respect to the scheduler). I added an additional step that exported the parcels to a new feature class and removed the attributes from it and the model appears to be working now on a schedule!

0 Kudos