Publishing a Model Builder Tool

Jump to solution
01-23-2020 11:52 AM
aam
by
Occasional Contributor

I have created a model tool for Select by location (See the attachment). The idea is to select and export parcels within certain radius of another parcel. The tool works great in Desktop but I am having hard time using it as a Geoprocessing Widget in Web Application.

Does anyone know what is the process to point the published model to the data layers on the Server as input? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi  Abdulahad,

I hope this helps:

Quick tour of authoring and sharing web tools—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

From what I can gather from your post, you are having issues, not with the act of sharing, but in the data that the tool is using.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

You could try to run the tool on your desktop again, but using the connections to the data that is published on your Portal.

Then republish the tool up to portal.

Or you could make the location of the data a "Model Parameter" like you have done with "Search Distance", that will enable the user to select the correct data set.

Good luck,

Michael

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi  Abdulahad,

I hope this helps:

Quick tour of authoring and sharing web tools—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

From what I can gather from your post, you are having issues, not with the act of sharing, but in the data that the tool is using.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

You could try to run the tool on your desktop again, but using the connections to the data that is published on your Portal.

Then republish the tool up to portal.

Or you could make the location of the data a "Model Parameter" like you have done with "Search Distance", that will enable the user to select the correct data set.

Good luck,

Michael

aam
by
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your reply, very helpful.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

As Michael said, ensure all of your inputs and outputs when you run it on desktop are registered to the data store. Also run for a small selection or area to create the minimum output necessary.

You may also need a set parameter as the derived output, but I've only published from script based tools so I may be wrong.

0 Kudos