Select to view content in your preferred language

Need help in creating a model

Jump to solution
12-10-2014 02:37 PM
MwangiChege
Deactivated User

It's pretty basic, but I am new to modelling. Basic steps involved are:

Step 1. Select data from table with fields 'Year1' 'Year2' 'Year3' 'Year4' . Data is either '0' or '1'. Selection query is "'Year1' = 0 AND 'Year2' = 1". Step 2: Create layer from selected data.

Step 3: Export new layer as 'jpeg'

Step 4: Repeat Step 1 with query "'Year2' = 0 AND 'Year3' = 1" and on through Steps 2 & 3.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

Modelbuilder could be a way to go, assuming it is just a few simple queries.  Here's the bare bones:

Input data linked to a Select (Analysis) tool (with your first query in it), then the output linked to a Feature to Raster tool (or Polygon to Raster, Point to Raster, or Polyline to Raster).

Then coming off the input data another Select tool for your second query, then the output linked to a Feature to Raster tool.

Repeat for all the rest of your queries.

if there are many queries it may be more effective to write code to loop through them instead of doing individual steps as I outlined above.

Chris Donohue, GISP

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

Modelbuilder could be a way to go, assuming it is just a few simple queries.  Here's the bare bones:

Input data linked to a Select (Analysis) tool (with your first query in it), then the output linked to a Feature to Raster tool (or Polygon to Raster, Point to Raster, or Polyline to Raster).

Then coming off the input data another Select tool for your second query, then the output linked to a Feature to Raster tool.

Repeat for all the rest of your queries.

if there are many queries it may be more effective to write code to loop through them instead of doing individual steps as I outlined above.

Chris Donohue, GISP

MwangiChege
Deactivated User

Thanks much Chris.

0 Kudos