Modelbuilder workflow involving CAD .DWG File

Jump to solution
02-10-2016 12:04 PM
CraigPrisland1
New Contributor II

Hello all,

I'm trying to build a model through modelbuilder with the following workflow and haven't found a good way to go about this yet.  Any input would be greatly appreciated:

I have a .dwg file with a certain name, for example "Baseline.dwg".  I have several feature class in a File geodatabse in a certain location with one of them being named "Baseline" as well.  The "Baseline" feature class in the geodatabase is a Line feature.  What I am looking to do is appending the data from the Polyline layer in the DWG into this "Baseline" feature class based on the same name. 

In short, based on the name of the DWG file and the feature class I would like to append this data into this feature class.  Please keep in mind that I have several feature classes so I was wondering if some sort of iterate could help with this by looking through the names of the feature classes and matching the one with the same name as the DWG.

Thanks in advance!

Craig

0 Kudos
10 Replies
WesMiller
Regular Contributor III

You might could use inline variables if both the dwg and the feature class are named the same

Examples of inline model variable substitution—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos