Select to view content in your preferred language

[ModelBuilder] Output names

08-27-2014 02:22 AM
FilipeTeixeira
Deactivated User

Hey there,

I've this toolset used for a Quality Control on a final produt, wich is ran in different batches, in example:

PA2970

PA5000

PA4450

I was wondering if, by running it in different moments for the different batches, there's a way to have the outputs have their name ("SegLote") followed by the respective batch code, in example

SegLote2970

SegLote5000

SegLote4450

How could I do this?

Another question:

this toolset has 4 different models, wich I run each following the other 1-2-3-4. how do I make a script (or whatever) so I only run one thing and it gives me all the processes?

sorry for my english, hope you understand my doubts...

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JimCousins
MVP Regular Contributor

Assuming you are working in modelbuilder, you can parse the name from the file, and use a calculate Value to create the string subset, and then use that as an inline variable to create the output filename. see attached model for visual explanation. Note I have attached the OutName as a precondition to running the buffer tool, so the Calculate Value bit has to run first.

Input is PA4450, the Parse Path extracts the name from the full path of the file. Calculate Value uses a simple bit of python to strip off the first 2 characters ("%InName%"[2:] ). Then I use the OutName variable along with the SegLote string to create the output filename. I have attached a graphic of the model and  the model as a toolbox if you want to see the values.

Regarding running your 3 processes, you can nest them in a single model. If they need to run in sequence, use precondition connections to dictate which order they execute.

Best Regards,

Jim

0 Kudos