Select to view content in your preferred language

Modelbuilder Input Values & Iterator Struggles

Jump to solution
01-29-2019 06:31 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here is the original, working model. You select your feature class (Data to Clip), and the tool runs to create a new export of each based on the query of NOAA SLR data, named by the level and feature class used to run. 

What I would like to do, to really optimize the tool, is select multiple layers for the "Data to Clip" and to do that requires the use of two iterators (which I know can't be done in one model). So, I tried splitting this into two parts - one model to select multiple layers that run through the parsing process (so each final export is named properly), and one to perform the clip based on the NOAA query.

Select Assessment Data: 

Query Clip Tool:

What I'm having a hard time figuring out is how to get the two tools to work together. I need the "Name" variable of the Select Assessment Data tool to run as a precondition for Clip so that the final output is named correctly. But, I can't get the original features from the parsing tool to serve as the inputs for Clip to run.

I've tried another approach where I added a variable (type: Feature Class) and checked the box to allow multiple values, but this yielded the same results.

Any suggestions for how to make this work would be hugely appreciated! We're trying to create these tools so that we can share our processes easily with other entities. That way they don't have to struggle through the data mining like we originally did (:

- Lea

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Discovered that once you create the tool to run with the single input feature, you can right click on the model and select "Batch".

This will allow you to indicate which parameter has multiple input values and run it.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Discovered that once you create the tool to run with the single input feature, you can right click on the model and select "Batch".

This will allow you to indicate which parameter has multiple input values and run it.

0 Kudos