Model Will Not Overwrite in "Open" Mode

Jump to solution
04-20-2020 01:35 PM
MichelleTanner
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I have a developed a model that does a series of calculations on raster layers in ArcGIS Pro 2.5. About 90% of these layers are saved to the memory (i.e. memory/rasterlayer). When I run this model in "Edit" mode, it runs perfectly. However, when I open the model in the geoprocessing pane, it fails with a bunch of errors saying that it cannot overwrite the layers. 

1. What do I change to ensure it will overwrite these layers? 

2. Technically this should not even be happening, because I delete the temporary memory space at the end of the model. Is this actually a different problem?

Some help would be greatly appreciated! I have provided some screenshots below for context. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Make sure after you run the model in edit mode and it completely runs you validate it and save before closing it. It appears there are raster layers in memory that are locking the memory workspace. Just a thought. 

If no Esri big guns show up this is definitely a "take to Esri support" kind of issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Make sure after you run the model in edit mode and it completely runs you validate it and save before closing it. It appears there are raster layers in memory that are locking the memory workspace. Just a thought. 

If no Esri big guns show up this is definitely a "take to Esri support" kind of issue.