Model Builder - mxd to web service tool

03-16-2015 03:50 AM
IeuanHarry1
New Contributor III

Hi

I am trying to automate a workflow where I convert an existing mxd with multiple layers into a web service so that colleagues can use this web service to locate the data files that they require. I am trying to develop a system where someone can click on a layer in a web viewing platform and the pop up will tell them the location of the file they require, in other words I am creating a data repository for each project we work on. I want the web layer to only contain the item name and its file location in the attribute table therefore need to delete any existing unnecessary fields and then add and populate a new field with its file path

The basic process is as follows:

1. Set up mxd with Coordinate system set the web Auxillary
  2. Add layers (and assign Datum Transformation if necessary) and symbolise accordingly
  3. Delete unnecessary fields
  4. Add file path field and populate with file path (automatically if possible)
  5. Publish all the layers as a web service

Im pretty inexperienced in using model builder and am having trouble setting the model up so that i can eventually create a tool to streamline the whole process. So far this i what I have but cant get the Delete field function to link to the process so that the user can select the fields they dont want.

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

0 Kudos
0 Replies