Model Builder- Export To Geodatabse, Rename

11-10-2015 01:57 PM
JasonJacoby
New Contributor

I am trying to automate a process that converts items from an SDE database to a file geodatabase in ArcMap. The exported items need to have specific names, different to what is pulled from the database.

Since the FeatureClass to Geodatabase tool in model builder cannot be set to overwrite existing items, I tried to create a model that exports the original items in the gdb and move them into a temp folder, then the sde items get moved into the geodatabase and are renamed. Since the "rename" function is referencing items that are not yet in the folder(their names from the SDE database) the model errors out and says the inputs do not exist.

I created a model that performs the following steps:

1. Delete Temp.gdb

2.Create Temp.gdb

3. Export all items in ER.gbd to temp.gdb

4. Delete items form ER.gdb

5.Export from SDE to ER.gdb

6. Rename items in ER.gdb to a new name(each is different).

If anyone could please help me out on how to fix this model where the inputs do not yet exist for the renaming of the files, I would appreciate it!

Or any other advice in general about how I should create this model for the data export.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JasonJacoby
New Contributor

I have also found this article about incomplete derived data. Does anyone know of a work around for this data after using a Conversion tool?

Working with incomplete derived data—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I am encountering the exact same issue currently

0 Kudos