Model Builder Create TIN

Jump to solution
02-18-2015 12:33 PM
Kevin_Smith
New Contributor II

I have a model(see graphic) that iterates through multiple folder workspaces and:

Finds a geodatabase name (calculated using the calculate values tool)

Finds a feature data set(RasResults)

Feature class(XSCutlines)

The feature class is then used as the input feature class parameter for the to create TIN tool. The TIN then should be saved in the same folder that the geodatabase was found in(the folder path is also being calculated by the calculate values tool). The problem is, it appears that the create tin tool is not accepting the value as valid output TIN as no TINs are ever created.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kevin_Smith
New Contributor II

After speaking with ESRI support, this issue has been logged as bug 000085746-When using multiple Select Data Tool (over two) to build the path for the input feature class for the Create Tin tool, the parameter for the tool becomes invalid.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

can you create it manually with the inputs?  just trying to rule out that as a source

0 Kudos
Kevin_Smith
New Contributor II

I have set all the inputs and output manually, and it works fine. It seems not to like the output path as a variable.

0 Kudos
Kevin_Smith
New Contributor II

After speaking with ESRI support, this issue has been logged as bug 000085746-When using multiple Select Data Tool (over two) to build the path for the input feature class for the Create Tin tool, the parameter for the tool becomes invalid.

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

When validation is an issue often a good workaround is to execute the tool (using arcpy)  inside a Calculate Value Python code block.

0 Kudos
CeemaFeizollahi
New Contributor

Do you ever have problems editing a TIN when the TIN is saved to a network drive? I am attempting to figure out why it would be slow. We have i7 processors, high-end separate graphics cards, lots of RAM, SSD hard-drives etc. Other than a TIN being lots of records and a network, i can't figure out how to improve editing performance. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos