Logging Models Results

Jump to solution
07-04-2017 12:28 AM
Tevfik_ÇağrıDural1
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I made a model and want to keep the results of the process. But don't know how. 

I know ArcMap keeps geoprocessing history. Explained here Viewing tool execution history—Help | ArcGIS Desktop. However, it seems like this option is just for Arctoolbox tools. It doesn't create any XML file for any models I made, but creates for any tool in Arctoolbox. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tevfik_ÇağrıDural1
New Contributor III

Wouldn't expect this to be so easy. I solved the problem. It was just that I had to at my model into the Arctoolbox and run in it. Instead of catalog window.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

From that link...

Information about tools run within models is not recorded in the history log file. However, metadata is updated by tools run within models.

Have you considered converting your model to a script since you have the output and code syntax from the Results window

0 Kudos
Tevfik_ÇağrıDural1
New Contributor III

Hello Dan,

Thank you for your response. I didn't want to convert it to script but just needed a log about the process. However adding my model into Arctoolbox solved it.

0 Kudos
Tevfik_ÇağrıDural1
New Contributor III

Wouldn't expect this to be so easy. I solved the problem. It was just that I had to at my model into the Arctoolbox and run in it. Instead of catalog window.

0 Kudos