How to make modelbuilder display a single cell but open multiple inputs?

04-30-2020 03:16 PM
MatthewPebworth
New Contributor II

I am building a program in modelbuilder that has a number of basic data sets. I want to give the user the opportunity to essentially patch the default data sets if they have more accurate/recent info. Attached is a example but not necessarily a requirement for how I'd like it to present the new pop-up. Ideally that attached interface would open as a popup after selecting "i want to update the supplied data".

I can do it the hard way and just put a separate input for each. However, I'd like to know if and how to do it the more user friendly way if it is actually possible.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

You don't say what software you want to implement this Model tool in...seems sort of critical!

If you are using ArcMap  - then think about what you are asking, I know of no tool that offers up a pop-up, other than an open file dialog. So if all the ESRI system tools don't offer that user experience it would be fair assumption that what you are asking does not exist...

If you are using ArcPro - then you can group parameters under the category property, so you could group your 3 layers into a collapsible section on the tool interface. That's the nearest equivalent to grouping parameters.

MatthewPebworth
New Contributor II

I honestly wasn't aware there were many significant differences in the model-builder portion of the software pieces. Python version was updated in pro and VB being depreciated for the calculate field tool were the ones of note for me. I was building the model in ArcMap because i was much more familiar with where everything was located and because i was under the apparently mistaken impression that they were nearly identical. This ESRI migration webpage led me to that conclusion.

Ultimately it will end up in ArcPro though , so you answered my question. Thank you.