How to get an individual output for each iteration into one field?

05-28-2020 05:51 PM
MadiThurston
New Contributor

I am new to model building and having some trouble getting individual outputs for each iteration. I am trying to find an average of all "CONC_LVL" within 200 feet of each individual "TG ID" and then put those values into a new field for the corresponding "TG ID."

I was able to iterate using Feature Selection through the "TG ID" field and then make each of those iterations a Feature Layer called "%name%". From there I tried to Select by Location by using %name% to find other "TG ID" within 200 feet. I then used Summary Statistics to get the mean of those values from the field I wanted and used Get Field Value to output the "means". Finally I use Calculate Field to input the "means" into the new field in the original feature class.

I have been getting the same output for all of the rows in the field, but I want an individual one that corresponds to the average taken for that specific area. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think you need a precondition to connect "means" to the Calculate Field tool, to make sure your value of means is updated with your stats result before you run the Calculate Field.