Select to view content in your preferred language

how to create a model builder with iteration (FOR) within this model user interaction is necessary

07-11-2019 02:25 AM
ThillaiNadarajan
New Contributor III

I am creating a model with buffer tool based on the buffered area a selection of a feature within this buffered area manually then the buffer to continue on the newly selected feature. This process to continue for about 10 times. using Iteration for. Please help me.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Model parameters allow for user interaction.

Model parameters—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

but it isn't clear whether an iterator can incorporate 10 separate entities.  A preselection of features by a selection of the layer as a model parameter may the closest you can get, unless you can find an example of a parameter selection within an iterator in the model

0 Kudos
ThillaiNadarajan
New Contributor III

Hi Mr. Dan Patterson,

Thank you for your reply.

I am trying to create a FEEDER line Feature by connecting POLES in a feature class. I will select the first pole using the select feature tool. Then I do a buffer on POLES feature class with a required distance on the selected pole. I will start Edit session and add the Feeder feature from the selected pole, then I select the 2nd required pole within the Buffered area and connect the feeder line to the new pole, then I do the buffer on the newly selected pole and repeat this  process until I complete the feeder line. 

I hope this will give you my requirement. I could do this using a model builder with buffer tool and manually selecting the next pole and connecting the feeder line manually. My question whether I can do the buffering within an iteration and selecting the next pole and connecting the feeder line manually and then the iteration to continue for a required number of times.. It means the Buffering only by using the Iteration.

Thillai

0 Kudos