Select to view content in your preferred language

Field Value Iterator and Select is Broken..

Jump to solution
03-24-2016 09:35 AM
StevenGraf1
Regular Contributor

I have a model that iterates over unique field values and uses the select tool to output features as shapefiles using the unique value as the naming convention. It works....sort of.  It runs through the entire iteration but only outputs the first 2 results.  The first 2 results are correct but where are the rest of my files going?!  Attached is my toolbox.  You can use any data you want in it.

Using version 10.2.2.

-Steven

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
Deactivated User

If you just have need for a toolset to perform that task use Split Layer By Attributes​ or to at least check your model functionality

View solution in original post

14 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
Deactivated User

If you just have need for a toolset to perform that task use Split Layer By Attributes​ or to at least check your model functionality

StevenGraf1
Regular Contributor

Thanks Dan,  That seems to do what I need albeit the file naming convention.  I can go into your script and change that to what I need it to.

Still curious as to why my model doesn't work right.  Maybe someone from esri will chime in.

Thanks,

-Steven

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Steven...try making the Value variable a Precondition to the Select tool.

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1
Regular Contributor

Thanks, but that didn't seem change my outputs.

-Steven

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1
Regular Contributor

For those who try something similar.  Use Dan's tool and save yourself the headache .

-Steven

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1
Regular Contributor

I had to add a Create Feature Class tool after the select. I don't understand why select has an output option if it's not going to work.  But this brings another issue.  My shapfiles are being created with the correct name but they aren't be loaded in with the data that was supposed to be selected using the Select Tool.

-Steven

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
Deactivated User

check Geoprocessing Options to ensure that "results of geoprocessing options are added to display" is checked on

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1
Regular Contributor

I give up...  I'm just going to you your tool.

Thanks again,

-Steven

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
Deactivated User

Modify as you see fit Steven, that is why it is open

0 Kudos