Error 000210 in Model Builder

12-07-2017 03:31 AM
IgaSolecka
New Contributor II

Dear Community,

I am using ArcGis for Desktop 10.3.1. I am trying to run Model Builder using Iterate Feature Selection and Summary Statistics. I get Error 000210 "Cannot create output" and don't know what is wrong. I am doing it for the first time. Maybe there is something that I miss? I changed the Default geodatabase for another goedatabase that I created. 

Any advises?

Thank you,

Iga

0 Kudos
7 Replies
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I assume that "D:\Iga\dane\dane_model\Siechnice.gdb\iterate\1" does not exist. Can you show how you configured the tool in modelbuilder?

Help on the topic van be found here: Examples of using iterators in ModelBuilder—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

0 Kudos
IgaSolecka
New Contributor II

I am sure it exists. Maybe there is some other mistake?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Just to be sure: so you have a the file geodatabase Siechnice.gdb and it contains a feature dataset called "iterate" and you are trying to create a table called "1" inside this feature dataset "iterate":

A feature dataset cannot contain tables, so by default the output table specified is invalid. Remove the last "\" just before %Value% to create a table with the name "iterate1" instead.

IgaSolecka
New Contributor II

Ok, I changed it but the effect is that I have now 600 tables named by the FID (Value) and each contains one record with result.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

That is what an iterate feature will do, it will process each feature and if for each future you run a tool that generates an output you will end up with one output per feature. Can you perhaps explain what you want to achieve?

0 Kudos
IgaSolecka
New Contributor II

I group the agricultural plots with the use of Iterate Feature Selection by the polygons where they appear. Then I calculate mean agricultural plot size in each polygon. I thought that the result value will be added in the column to the original layer: a mean size plot for each polygon assigned to each plot. 

How can I transfer each result back to the original table?

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

In that case I don't think you will need to iterate the features. A single summarize will do. After the summarize you can join the result back to the input features.

0 Kudos