Select to view content in your preferred language

DataInteroperability and ModelBuilder

Jump to solution
02-18-2015 01:35 AM
MattiPalosuo
New Contributor

Hei,

I have Data Interoperability ETL Spatial Tool which is reading multiple gml-files from a directory processing them together (merge, dissolve, remove duplicates etc) and writing features to the SDE Geodatabase. Need to use truncate for table before writing.

In DI I have Reader Source like: D.\temp\input\*.gml.

When running this as DI Spatial ETL Tool it works fine. It read all the files => process them together =write to SDE.

Now I need to make ArcGIS Service from this DI tool. It needs Model. I can place  DI ETL Spatial Tool to Model without problems. But how to make model process all source gml-files together? I have tested everything without success. Trying to place Folder-parameter and File-Iteration or List of files. But Model always execute one gml-file at a time before reading next one and the result is output table containing features only from the last file.

Help needed. I am not so familiar with ModelBuilder- All hints and tips are welcome.

With FME and FME Server this is so easy. Data Interoperability drives me crazy.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattiPalosuo
New Contributor

Found the solution. Easy. Basic ModelBuilder stuff.

In the model I just need to use 'Collect Values' tool before 'ETL Spatial Tool'.

As it is stated in help:

”The Collect Values tool is designed to collect output values of an iterator or to convert a list of multivalues into a single input. The output of Collect Values can be used as input to tools such as Merge, Append, Mosaic, and Cell
Statistics.”

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MattiPalosuo
New Contributor

Found the solution. Easy. Basic ModelBuilder stuff.

In the model I just need to use 'Collect Values' tool before 'ETL Spatial Tool'.

As it is stated in help:

”The Collect Values tool is designed to collect output values of an iterator or to convert a list of multivalues into a single input. The output of Collect Values can be used as input to tools such as Merge, Append, Mosaic, and Cell
Statistics.”

0 Kudos