Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom Parameters Reset to Default in Model after Restart

08-04-2023 04:39 PM
Labels (3)
josh_is_fine
New Contributor III

I am encountering an issue in Pro where custom parameters in a ATBX's Model reset to their default settings upon restarting Pro.

I have built two identical Models, one in a TBX file and the other in an ATBX file. Both Models contain a Reverse Geocoding Tool and a custom variable of type Linear Unit, with a value of 1000 Feet. This is set as my default for the Search Radius within the Reverse Geocode Tool. The tool operates correctly when initially saved and run.

However, upon restarting Pro and launching the ATBX version of the tool, I have found that my custom parameters for Search Radius revert to the tool's default of 100 Meters. Moreover, I am unable to modify these parameters within the launched tool after this reversion, which is not the expected behavior. This behavior only happens with the ATBX version of the tool, not the TBX.

There are no specific error codes or messages associated with this issue, it appears to be a bug where the custom parameters do not persist after restarting Pro.

ArcGIS Pro 2.9.5 on a Windows 10

1 Reply
ShitijMehta
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Josh_is_fine, 
Sorry for this issue. I can reproduce the issue. One of our team members who is an expert on this tool will reach out to you. Thanks for reporting!