Create a grid for individual features...

Jump to solution
10-30-2014 11:43 AM
williamcarr
Occasional Contributor II

Greetings,

I am attempting to to create a model and am looking for advice in direction. I have a series of polygon features roughly 1 sq. mile ( plss section grids). I need to make a 2 x 2 grid inside of these features. I have successfully accomplished this in a test using both the Grid Index Features and Create fishnet tools using a single feature polygon. The problem with both of these tools is that they create a grid of the extent of all the polygons, rather than each polygon themselves.

This is the first step in my model and I'm already stumped. Any ideas?

thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Look into iteration,  you can use Iterate Features to select each polygon in a feature set and run it through the Create Fishnet tool one at a time. This can get tricky but it is possible.

Re: Create fishnet in iterative model

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Look into iteration,  you can use Iterate Features to select each polygon in a feature set and run it through the Create Fishnet tool one at a time. This can get tricky but it is possible.

Re: Create fishnet in iterative model

0 Kudos
williamcarr
Occasional Contributor II

Ran tests on this for two days then set model to run over the weekend. It didn't work, but I figured out the problem (You were right, it does get a little tricky) and it's working with proper iterations.

Thanks again

0 Kudos