Select to view content in your preferred language

Can a model be built to select and export specific features iteratively by a unique attribute?

Jump to solution
10-21-2014 10:28 AM
Michael_StanleyGallisdorfer
New Contributor

I have been unsuccessfully attempting to build a model to select and export uniquely-identified features in a polygon shapefile.

Background:

A polygon array was created using the Grid Index tool. Each polygon in the resulting shapefile has a unique attributes, such as PageName. I wish to select and export individual polygons by a unique attribute, giving many separate polygons from the original array.

In this case, I wish to split a grid of 60 polygons, as one shapefile, to 60 polygons in 60 shapefiles, each holding a unique polygon identified from the original grid.

Goal:

To build a model to automate the process of selecting and exporting unique features to many new .shp

Would you please help by presenting a similar example?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Split Layer By Attributes using the objected/fid field... use a shapefile in a folder as input, outputs to a folder

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Split Layer By Attributes using the objected/fid field... use a shapefile in a folder as input, outputs to a folder

0 Kudos
StevenGraf1
Regular Contributor

You can modify this model here to accomplish your need.  There is a graphic that shows the model.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Michael_StanleyGallisdorfer
New Contributor

Hi Dan and Steven:

Dan't Split Layer By Attributes script worked perfectly. I shall also try Steven's model. Thank you both for your replies!

MSG

0 Kudos