Error 001156 When using the Append Tool

06-08-2017 01:25 PM
KaeleyDarby
New Contributor II

Recently I began using the Trimble InSphere application. Initially, I exported all of my existing data into the app in order to set up my templates for future points. While importing new points, I'm having trouble with one particular dataset. When I use the append tool to upload my new shapefiles, I get the following error:

Executing: Append C:\GIS\GPSData\Export\l173605_meters.shp "C:\GIS\SWM Data\Infrastructure.mdb\Meters" NO_TEST "Address "Address" true true false 230 Text 0 0 ,First,#,C:\GIS\GPSData\Export\l173605_meters.shp,ADDRESS,-1,-1;Account_Nu "Account_Nu" true true false 4 Long 0 0 ,First,#,C:\GIS\GPSData\Export\l173605_meters.shp,ACCOUNT_NU,-1,-1;Diameter "Diameter" true true false 50 Text 0 0 ,First,#,C:\GIS\GPSData\Export\l173605_meters.shp,DIAMETER,-1,-1;Serial_Num "Serial_Num" true true false 230 Text 0 0 ,First,#;Notes "Notes" true true false 230 Text 0 0 ,First,#,C:\GIS\GPSData\Export\l173605_meters.shp,NOTES,-1,-1;LastServiceDate "LastServiceDate" true true false 8 Date 0 0 ,First,#;Latitude "Latitude" true true false 8 Double 0 0 ,First,#,C:\GIS\GPSData\Export\l173605_meters.shp,LATITUDE,-1,-1;Longitude "Longitude" true true false 8 Double 0 0 ,First,#,C:\GIS\GPSData\Export\l173605_meters.shp,LONGITUDE,-1,-1" #

Start Time: Fri May 05 16:51:16 2017

ERROR 001156: Failed on input OID 0, could not write value ' ' to output field Latitude

Failed to execute (Append).

Failed at Fri May 05 16:51:16 2017 (Elapsed Time: 0.10 seconds)

Since I exported my existing data to create the template for my new points, I'm not sure why it's saying that I have different field types. I've talked to the company that set us up with the InSphere application, and they said that they don't think their app is causing the error. I've found ways to work around the error, but they are basically a band-aid solution. Does anyone have any experience with this problem in relation to the InSphere application?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Appending the data of different formats might not work out. Export all the data to a single format (shapefiles or Geodatabase Feature classes). Then try to append with the target dataset in the same format.

Think Location
0 Kudos
KaeleyDarby
New Contributor II

Update: I was able to get in touch with Trimble tech support, and they said that the InSphere app simplifies some of the fields when you manually import from the app. There is a  Trimble TerraFlex add-in for ArcGIS that is supposed to eliminate the issues caused by manually exporting from the app and importing to ArcGIS. I haven't been able to test out the plugin yet, but I will update once I've used it.