Select to view content in your preferred language

Telling history with GIS

09-27-2023 05:10 AM
ClaudioBicocchi
Emerging Contributor

Hi guys,

I'm Claudio Bicocchi from Italy, working with ArcGIS Pro find a way to tell history through geodatabases related to historical documents with special focus on the second world war events.

Tags (2)
6 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

We’re glad to officially welcome you, @ClaudioBicocchi—the project that you're working on sounds fascinating! Will the data you produce be public and something you can share some of here in Esri Community where others can see it? 

It looks like you’ve been exploring the Esri Community for a little while now, including getting involved in MyEsri and ArcGIS Online conversations—that’s great. It sounds like you'll want to bookmark the ArcGIS Pro Place as well. By now, you've likely already gathered that Esri Community is a global community where you can find solutions, share ideas, and collaborate to solve problems with GIS. 

Don't miss these helpful resources:

And always feel encouraged to reach out if you have any questions about using this platform!

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
ClaudioBicocchi
Emerging Contributor

Of course, I'll share my works on ArcGis Online as soon as possible

JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Be sure to post about it here in Esri Community to let us know. We'd love to see!

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
LisaPierce1
Occasional Contributor

Bonjourno Claudio,
I am writing to you about a project I helped on quite a few years ago, which was done by an Italian Professor at the University of Florence.   He visited a university where I supported him on using GIS to map a large survey of the western US  cemeteries where Italians were buried. His method was based on  finding cemeteries where Cypress trees and often hand cut rock buildings were located.  
I will locate the book with his name, that you might find informative. 
Also you may want to check out the ESRI Map Galleries and search on this topic. 
https://www.esri.com/en-us/about/events/uc/agenda/virtual-map-gallery#/submission-detail/6478f1b7ad2...

ClaudioBicocchi
Emerging Contributor

Hi Lisa, that's an interesting topic. Anyway, I think that talking about history and showing data on a map should exploit the potential of time tools offered by ESRI to better shows the changes which occurred over the time related to any topic.

That's what I'm going to do

P.S. sorry for any possible language errors

0 Kudos
DerekBernard
Regular Contributor

Very interesting.  Will be fun to see the results.  Good luck!

0 Kudos