Introduce myself and a question about hardware

Jump to solution
09-19-2021 11:42 AM
GeorgiosKontos
New Contributor

Hello community, I am George, I am a forester and urban manager. Soon i want to start a research project for urban green spaces. I would like to meet people on this field. I am a starter in Gis but i have strong will to get really pro, so I will apreciate really any help. 

I have  some questions 1. can you propose me a set of hardware ellements tha come together in a really strong Desctop. 

2. What is a recomended graphic card, strong one. I plan to spent less than 1600 euros. Feel free to prospose a nice design !!!

3. And is any group of environmentalists focus on case studies? 

WoRk Hard - Save The Planet !

Thank you 4 y time to read my post !!! 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Welcome to the Esri Community! It's great to have you join us. 

For your specific questions I'd recommend starting a new post in either  ArcGIS Pro Questions - Esri Community  or  ArcMap Questions - Esri Community  for Questions 1 & 2 depending on which software you are thinking of using. 

For your 3rd question you might find it useful to connect with other professionals in some of our Industry spaces such as  Forestry - Esri Community  or  Conservation - Esri Community  .

Hoping this helps you connect with and continue your research and discussions with fellow Esri Community members. 

View solution in original post

LeandraGordon
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Georgios,
For PC builds I would have a look at Reddit, there is an Australian forum (https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcaus/) so you might find one that is more Euro focussed.
We have Dell Precision 7510 latops bought a while ago but holding up well - I recently bought a second hand one for my 'Home Laptop' as well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Welcome to the Esri Community! It's great to have you join us. 

For your specific questions I'd recommend starting a new post in either  ArcGIS Pro Questions - Esri Community  or  ArcMap Questions - Esri Community  for Questions 1 & 2 depending on which software you are thinking of using. 

For your 3rd question you might find it useful to connect with other professionals in some of our Industry spaces such as  Forestry - Esri Community  or  Conservation - Esri Community  .

Hoping this helps you connect with and continue your research and discussions with fellow Esri Community members. 

LeandraGordon
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Georgios,
For PC builds I would have a look at Reddit, there is an Australian forum (https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcaus/) so you might find one that is more Euro focussed.
We have Dell Precision 7510 latops bought a while ago but holding up well - I recently bought a second hand one for my 'Home Laptop' as well.

GeorgiosKontos
New Contributor

It took sometime, i prefer Desktops in the end...

So, here i am GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8GHz 

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB DDR4 RAM  3600MHz 

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AXV2

ssd 500Gbites and the rest Corsair

Tags (3)