Hi

11-25-2021 12:07 PM
wxyang007
New Contributor II

Hi there,

I am a PhD student interested in using GIS and RS technologies for conservation and ecological protection. Very happy to meet you all!

4 Replies
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

@wxyang007  Welcome to the Esri Community! Here you will find a wealth of helpful information. Here are a few links to use places regarding RS: 

Imagery and Remote Sensing - Esri Community

ArcGIS Drone2Map - Esri Community

ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online - Esri Community

Cheers, Michelle

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
KemalKOÇAKLI
New Contributor

Hello, I am also a PhD student at Istanbul Technical University. Recently, I have been trying to make LCP (Least Cost Path) analyzes using GIS technologies. Such analyzes are important in conservation ecology. We can protect fragmented habitats, especially those under destructive biotic pressure, with the help of GIS technologies. Thus, we can identify natural corridor areas and develop conservation strategies.

0 Kudos
wxyang007
New Contributor II

Your research sounds really useful and interesting! Are you doing the analysis at a local scale or a larger scale like state or national level? My current research is also about landscape ecology and connectivity analysis for conservation. Nice to meet you! 🙂

KemalKOÇAKLI
New Contributor

Sorry for my late reply. I lost my account information for a long time. I have applied LCP analyzes on a large scale. My research field covered the whole of the middle east. Here, I am working on the distribution pattern of archaeological settlements and the long-distance trade network through obsidian samples. and I'm looking at the possible trade routes of this obsidian. but the ecology side is also very interesting to me.

0 Kudos