Hello Community friends & colleagues!

09-28-2021 12:30 PM
Gletham
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Community. I'm officially saying hello and sharing from my new Community account as an Esri staffer. Now in week 2, I'm pleased to share that I am excited to be in the role of Partner Community Manager. What does this mean? Well, not to be confused with this vibrant community, the Partner Community is the resource for a global community of Esri Partners, startup companies, International distributors, and of course, a huge network of Esri colleagues from the Global Business Development (GBD) team.

I'm looking forward to helping build a vibrant partner community resource(s) and to assist the thousands of partners to help them reach their goals and engage with them while supporting and growing the online community.

If you have questions, tips, news etc... about the Esri partner ecosystem, partner events etc... feel free to reach out to me.

glennpic2.jpg 

Community Manager. Esri Partner Ecosystem - Global Business Development (GBD), Partners & Alliances. You can often find me @gletham and see also #esripartners for tips
5 Replies
MichelleMathias
Esri Community Manager

Hi @Gletham  Welcome to Esri and to Esri Community! Looking forward to collaborating with you and your new community!

Cheers, Michelle

Michelle Mathias
Manager, Community Experience & Programs
CourtneyMenikheim
Occasional Contributor

Congrats @Gletham. I'm sure you'll do well in your new role. The Esri Partner Community is certainly lucky to have you.

Courtney Menikheim | Application Developer | @thecmenikheim
Gletham
Esri Regular Contributor

Thanks Courtney, and congrats on your new name! Wowza, never knew that 😉

Community Manager. Esri Partner Ecosystem - Global Business Development (GBD), Partners & Alliances. You can often find me @gletham and see also #esripartners for tips
Amy777
by
New Contributor

Hi @Gletham I am a geography student in the UK and was really hoping someone could help me. I am working on my dissertation which is looking at the effects COVID-19 and periods of lockdowns in the UK had on the air quality of the UK. I was hoping to use ArcGIS and use data from relevant air quality monitoring sites and compare a timeframe between two consecutive years. One year representing a normal year of air pollution (2019), and year representing a national lockdown environment (2020). I was hoping to analyse and present the collected data findings though the use of GIS techniques. However, due to COVID-19 my modules to do with the use of ArcGIS where online and wasn’t really able to get any help with my work. I was hoping someone like yourselves would be able to point in the right direction. I know I need to use spatial interpolation, and possible regression mapping- however, I am unsure of actually how to collect the data and format into ArcGIS in order to analyse the findings accurately. I am using data from DEFRA’s automatic air quality monitoring sites (150 sites across the UK) with hourly measurements of a whole range of pollutants. I have many of your info sheets about the techniques however to someone new to GIS, they are fairly difficult to follow. I would be so grateful if you could possibly give me any advice of how I can go about analysing data and presenting it within GIS.

CourtneyMenikheim
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Amy -

There are a lot of online resources for learning how GIS works (like Esri training). Additionally, each community has a Q&A board, where you can ask specific questions to get help. (For example, here's the Q&A board for Learn ArcGIS) You will probably have better success there than asking for help in a reply to a post.

Courtney Menikheim | Application Developer | @thecmenikheim