Day in Life of a GIS Personnel

02-12-2024 02:22 PM
ChimeicheaAmadi
New Contributor II

Hello, I'm Amadi Godswill Chimeichea a GIS Enthusiast, I would like to ask how the day in life of a GIS Technician or a GIS Analyst, His or Her daily duties?

Also, I'm new to the Esri Community so I will be in your Care.

2 Replies
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Welcome, @ChimeicheaAmadi!

Consider Esri Community to be your go-to spot for discussing all things GIS — a virtual gathering place where you can find solutions, share ideas, and collaborate to solve problems with the help of members from all around the globe.

Please be sure to check out the following Community-use resources to get you started: 

And, noting your specific interest, these areas may prove a good starting point: 

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions about using Esri Community.

Brianna Ettley
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos
JerryBartz
Occasional Contributor

Welcome to the world of the many careers in GIS. Below is one many favorite Esri info slides. It documents 16 major career areas. Each will have many different applications and thus days in the life of a GIS worker. At some higher Ed institutions, GIS is being rebranded to Location Analysis. Location is a refinement of the broad term Geographic. In the below career fields the job of the GIS worker is to document not only the location and this may include physical dimensions as well as the attributes of the object. 

It is an exciting career filed to work in, especially in the emerging world of AI. 

JerryBartz_0-1707854960130.png

0 Kudos