Select to view content in your preferred language

Topo North Arrow used in Data Driven Pages Problem

01-27-2012 11:55 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: danbeus

I've encountered a problem with a Topo North Arrow which is part of the Production Mapping extension.  I'm using this in the ArcMap 10 environment and using Data Driven Pages to set up a servies of map sheets.  I have gotten everything to work as I would expect but have encountered a problem when I save my .mxd and exit out of ArcMap. When I reopen the saved document, the Topo North Arrow remains static to the saved state and no longer synchronizes with the individual Data Driven Pages. Is it appropriate to add a Topo North Arrow to a map document and use it in conjunction with Data Driven Pages?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Bo_King
Occasional Contributor III
This issue (TFS 20171) has been fixed, and will be included in 10 SP4. This element refresh issue was discovered at 10 SP3, which I presume you are using.  The current workaround is to open the element Properties, uncheck �??Update dynamically�?�, click Apply, recheck �??Update dynamically�?�, and then click OK.  The element may be used with Data Driven Pages, but you will obviously want to wait until the fix is available.  Until then, thanks for your patience.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your response. You are correct that I encountered this problem in sp3. However, I'm not able to get your suggested workaround to work. The only way to get this to work is by deleting and adding.

Is this something unique in sp3, and would backing up to a previous sp resolve this? Don't particularly relish the idea of waiting til March for a fix.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Bo_King
Occasional Contributor III
The workaround will only update for the current extent, so for DDP the element would have to be updated each time the page is changed, which is why you would want to wait for the fix.  If you need the Topo North Arrow element for DDP, then rolling back to ArcGIS 10SP2 & PM 10SP2 may be an option, as the issue was introduced at ArcGIS 10SP3.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Tried using SP4 since it is now available. But the problem we had in SP3 still persists. Any suggestions?

This is really annoying trying something, given the impression that the problem has been resolved, just to encounter the same problem!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone has for this.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Resolved this. Had not installed all components to get this to work.
0 Kudos