single Attributes won't show as layer

Jump to solution
12-12-2014 05:54 AM
AndreasGriessbach
New Contributor III

Hallo,

I have a huge problem with ESRI ArcMap 10.0. (Win 7, 32 Bit).

With the Editor I create linies. All these lines were shown, when I activate the layer. But after delate one line some (nearly all) other lines were away. At first I thought they were delayed too, but all the lines are still shown in the Attribute Table. An when I click on a Attribute in the Attribute Table it zooms to these line an I can "Flash" the lines too. So I'm sure that all my lines are still there. So afterwards I thought that I have a problem with the Symbology of the layer, but I cant find any reason for the problem. Switch of the layer for the background map was not succesful too. So I would be very thanksful if anyone has an idea to solve my problem with the edit lines.

I attached the files of my project in an zip-file and a single files and a screeshot. I hope It will helps you. If you need any further information please feel free to ask me.

Thanks by now!!!!!

Andreas

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesFitzgerald
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Andreas

Your problem can be frustrating! The solution is an easy fix. The proble is projection. You layer is in a projection called Germany Zone 3. This is fine. The solution is to reproject your shapefile to Germany Zone 3. Simply, go to export datat and export Qtypen_EF but CLICK THE RADIO BUTTION to THE DATA FRAME as the coordinate system. Click OK.

This should fix it. Let me know if I can further assist. Also, give me credit for helping you with your problem. You can mark it as helpful, etc. BTW, your english writing is fine.

James

View solution in original post

7 Replies
AndreasGriessbach
New Contributor III

sorry, for my worse English. I meant "deleted" (not "delayed"). Maybe there are much more other mistakes.

Andreas

0 Kudos
JamesFitzgerald

Are you still having problems?

0 Kudos
AndreasGriessbach
New Contributor III

Yes, there is still no idea for any solutions!

0 Kudos
JorgeOrellana

There's something wrong with your geometry of the shp file you uploaded.

The strange thing is I ran the Check/fix geometry tool that is provided with ArcGIS desktop and there were no issues found. I still suspected the geometry issue and then ran the Fix Geometry tool from ET Geowizards and  that fixed the issue. I attached the file for you that should be good to go.

VinceAngelo
Esri Esteemed Contributor

There's now enough traffic in GeoNet that posting to your personal discussion space without adding any keywords is not going to be seen by enough people to get it answered.  You should be sure to post questions "In a space" so that it is seen by the appropriate individuals, and you should always include at least 3 tags related to the topic. You can move a thread to a space or group by clicking on the title to get into the "thread" interface, then using the "Move" action on the right side of the post (towards the top of the thread).

You can also edit the original post for after posting, rather than replying with corrections.  This can be accomplished by clicking on the title, then choosing Actions->Edit.

In the future, please zip shapefiles as one set of files (.shp,.shx,.dbf,.prj,.sbn,.sbx,...) and avoid use of  RAR (which is not commonly used outside of Europe).

- V

JamesFitzgerald

Hello Andreas

Your problem can be frustrating! The solution is an easy fix. The proble is projection. You layer is in a projection called Germany Zone 3. This is fine. The solution is to reproject your shapefile to Germany Zone 3. Simply, go to export datat and export Qtypen_EF but CLICK THE RADIO BUTTION to THE DATA FRAME as the coordinate system. Click OK.

This should fix it. Let me know if I can further assist. Also, give me credit for helping you with your problem. You can mark it as helpful, etc. BTW, your english writing is fine.

James

AndreasGriessbach
New Contributor III

Jippie! It works!

good morning.

At first thanks to Vince for your advices. I used the forum for
my first time and I am really glad that here is so much activity. I will keep
all your mentioned notes in mind for the next time. Very useful is the fact,
that .rar is not suitable for worldwide data exchange.

So but now thousand thanks to Jorge and James. Both methods are working well.
You save me so much time, because otherwise I had to create all these lines
again. Especially James method is so perfect, because I can fix the bug by my
own when it happens again.

Sorry for my late response. There was unfortunately no time to check it out
during the weekend.

Once again: Thank you both.

Andreas

0 Kudos