Overlapping Polygons Problem

03-14-2014 06:31 AM
NicoleGaskell1
New Contributor
We have run into a problem with the Maplex labeling on ArcMap Basic 10.1

The overlapping polygons of the pipeline right of ways are pushing labels and their leaders away from where they are supposed to be

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32198[/ATTACH]

The highlighted right of way is mislabeled, and no amount of tweeking in the Maplex dialog box make the label move.

I'm also constrained to labels, annotation isn't an option with this particular dataset. I also can't use topology rules due to the work processes in other departments.

I would look forward to any suggestions or direction I could be pointed in.

Nicole
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III
Try changing your leader style.

Have you tried using Boundry Style on the ROW instead of labels with leaders.

I have found that leaders are often a pain.

What I have ended up doing in some situations is creating a point and leader feature and label off the point and have the leader snapped to the point and pointing where you want.

We have run into a problem with the Maplex labeling on ArcMap Basic 10.1

The overlapping polygons of the pipeline right of ways are pushing labels and their leaders away from where they are supposed to be

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32198[/ATTACH]

The highlighted right of way is mislabeled, and no amount of tweeking in the Maplex dialog box make the label move.

I'm also constrained to labels, annotation isn't an option with this particular dataset. I also can't use topology rules due to the work processes in other departments.

I would look forward to any suggestions or direction I could be pointed in.

Nicole
0 Kudos