Select to view content in your preferred language

Model Builder: Select by Location > Make Feature Layer batch

11-21-2013 06:14 PM
DavidBrett
New Contributor III
Using Model Builder, I'm trying to 'Select Layer by Location' and then 'Make New Feature Layer' based on that selection in batch mode.
How can I get the Model Builder to return a new layer for each select set rather than processing these tool independently? These tools are dependent and meant to be grouped: as each selection is made, go create a new layer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29279[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidHockman-Wert
New Contributor II
You'll want to set up an Iterator on the features or feature classes you are using as the Selecting Features in the Select By Location tool.

If the Selecting Features are separate feature classes, you would use the Feature Classes iterator.  If the Selecting Features are different features within a feature class, you would use the Feature Selection iterator.

You may need to set up this iterating piece as a submodel, but it's hard to know without seeing your whole model.
0 Kudos
benildeoudiane
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am starting with GIS and I'am curious about this processing. How can I make in the model builder with the tool Select Layer By Location multiple layers input and afta create news layers from selection?

0 Kudos